Spatial Policy Division
The Spatial Policy Division deals with spatial policy in relation to marine areas. Since 2013, we have participated in a formal planning process initiated by the maritime administration (Maritime Offices in Gdynia, Słupsk, and Szczecin) to develop Poland’s first spatial development plan for the Polish marine areas. The first stage of this process was the preparation of the Study of Conditions of Spatial Development of Polish Sea Areas (2014–2015), the second – the development of the draft Maritime Spatial Plan of the Polish Sea Areas in scale of 1 : 200 000 (2016–2019). The plan was adopted by way of the Regulation of the Council of Ministers on 14 April 2021 (Journal of Laws 2021, item 935).
Moreover, as part of our work, we create expert opinions on the use of sea areas. In recent years, we have built our own database describing conditions and uses of sea areas, which is constantly expanded. We are also working on GIS tools supporting the decision-making and consultation process, and on creating a model for monitoring the spatial development of marine areas and smooth implementation of maritime plans.
We implement numerous EU research projects regarding maritime spatial planning and the use of marine resources, including BaltSeaPlan, Submariner, Partiseapate, BaltSpace, BalticLINes, BalticIntegrid, BalticScope, PanBalticScope, BalticRIM.
Strategic planning of development of Polish marine areas
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES
- the integrated maritime policy of the EU and Republic of Poland;
- strategic planning of development of Polish marine areas;
- sustainable exploitation of resources of the Polish marine areas;
- maritime and coastal spatial planning and the management methods applied in relation to these areas;
- laying the foundations for monitoring of management and sustainable development of marine and coastal areas;
- economics of marine and coastal areas management.
phone: 58 301-16-41 w. 39